Monday, June 15, 2020

Billing Woes

Dumb Thing of the Day
I was swarmed with various bills from my 3 month bout of who knows what I had.
I paid off the small ones immediately, the larger ones next and was budgeting for the biggest
One bill was for $997.00
I mailed in a small payment and waited and waited for a new invoice but nothing came
Instead I received a bill from a collection agency
I called and said I understand who you are but I am going to vent to someone
I paid on this and was waiting for a new invoice to make arrangements with them to set up further payments, this is not my fault, what is wrong with these people
I understand sir but I am here to make an offer to you
If you can pay $400 right now this bill will be considered paid in full.
Of course I accepted.
So the dumb is this
If the hospital would have sent me a new invoice they would have been paid the full $997
And if a collection agency can lower the amount by that much why didn't the hospital just charge me that in the first place and the bill would have been paid when I received it!
Just dumb
Carey On...

No comments: