Thursday, August 22, 2024

Donald Trump walks off bulletproof glass-protected stage to hug woman

 Donald Trump walks off bulletproof glass-protected stage to hug woman.

When I heard this, I thought about when I volunteered for President W. Bush's campaign in 2004.
I was a volunteer assigned to crowd control. I was close to the stage. Bush was speaking. A lady 12 feet or so behind me fainted. Everyone started shouting help. I went there to push people back so help could get to her.
What was happening was clearly visible to Bush. What did he do? He never blinked, he never used his mic to call for help, he did nothing but continue unwavering in his speech.
I remember thinking how robotic, how insensitive, how scripted he was. The lady was helped out of the crowd, and Bush, well, he kept talking as if he was oblivious to the situation. I lost respect for Bush.
And then we have Trump...
Carey On...

No comments: