Thursday, February 13, 2014

My email conversation with Councilman Lori DiNallo

Friends,
This is my email conversation with Councilman Lori DiNallo concerning the recent proposed resolution to the 113th Congress from Painsville Council in support of amnesty for illegals.  

This is copied exactly as I received the emails.  All I did was put the last reply on top to show that I have permission to share Councilwoman DiNallo's reply.  I would never forward an email unless I ask first and receive permission.  For those who question the validity of this I can show the original as I received without the order being rearranged.

Please send your thoughts.

Thank You,
Carey Masci
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Carey Masci Sent: Mon 2/3/2014
To: Lori DiNallo
Subject: Re: question for Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,

Thank you, may I forward on your words?
 
REPLY

Yes Carey please do.

Lori DiNallo
Councilwoman At Large
Painesville City  


 
Original Email
  From: Carey Masci Sent: Wed 12/11/2013
To: Lori DiNallo
Subject: question for Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,


Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,

  I need you to verify something that I may of spoken of falsely about. 

  It has come to my attention that there is a proposed resolution by the city of
Painesville in support of amnesty for illegal aliens.  In my haste I have sent out emails stating that you support this.  I received the information of the amnesty proposal and your support of it second hand.  If I was in error I need to immediately recant my words.

  Can you please state your position on amnesty and the proposed resolution to support comprehensive immigration reform urging action from the 113th Congress.  Again if I was error I will recant my words and apologize.

                                 Thank you,
                               Carey Masci 


On
Wednesday, December 11, 2013 11:26 PM, Lori DiNallo:

Thanks Carey for reaching out for a clearer understanding.  I respect your honesty.  There has been no resolution written or agreed upon by council at this point.  What did occur was that council members were invited to a HOLA meeting.  At that meeting a number of residents reached out to council as a whole to ask for help because they are hurting. Some families shared testimony and read letters written by themselves and or other family members.  Mr Flock collected those letters and indicated that his intentions were to have them typed up and sent to Congressman Sherrod Brown.

I indicated that the constitution grants power to the federal government on this matter and that there was very little that council as a local body could do but committed to asking Council Members to consider a resolution.

What you were forwarded must have been the resolution created by the executive director of HOLA for our consideration which I had sent to council to review not adopt.  They were asked to make comments.

Again no resolution has been written or approved by our Council.  If one is written I do not expect that it will take a position but, instead will ask that the congress consider the effects of immigration reform on local governments especially in the areas of education and law enforcement. 

In regards to amnesty I am for legal pathways to citizenship and or stays in our Country.  As a Mother, Wife, Christian, Social Worker , Educator, Community Leader and Juvenile Court Officer I know full well the importance of families remaining in tact. 

I hope this helps a bit and am certainly open for continued conversation on the matter.  I welcome a meeting or a call 440-XXX-XXXX and encourage you to watch the council meeting to hear for yourself what was said.   It can be seen on our website www.painesville.com or the community access channel on TV. 

Lori DiNallo
Councilwoman At Large
Painesville City


-----Original Message-----
From: Carey Masci
Sent: Thu 12/12/2013
To: Lori DiNallo
Subject: Re: question for Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,

Thank you Lori.  Just to clarify, in short you are not for amnesty?

Do I have permission to share your words?
 
Thanks for the quick reply.

From: Lori DiNallo
 To: Carey Masci  
Sent:
Thursday, December 12, 2013
Subject: RE: question for Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,

Not certain who you will be sharing with but, encourage you to assure those who ask or who you have told that I am not promoting amnesty.  I work at the juvenile court.  Part of my job in the court room is to recommend disposition/discipline to the judge or magistrate for juvenile offenders.  I believe in holding those who violate law accountable for their actions.   

Again I thank you for your humility and for reaching out to me.  I have received numerous phone calls about this issue.

Lori DiNallo
Councilwoman At Large
Painesville City

-----Original Message-----
From: Carey Masci
Sent:
Mon 2/3/2014
To: Lori DiNallo
Subject: Re: question for Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,

Hello Lori,
Touching base with you again.  I never forwarded on your email to friends who are very interested in stopping amnesty.  Unfortunately I received a call and email Saturday and Sunday stating Painesville Council meeting on Monday will be bringing to the floor a resolution for amnesty and you are for it.  Are these people in error?

Thank you,
Carey

 

From: Lori DiNallo
To: Carey Masci
 Sent: Monday, February 3, 2014
Subject: RE: question for Councilwoman Lori DiNallo,


Yes Carey they are mistaken.  I am not for amnesty and have addressed the organization responsible for this misinformation that they continue to forward out to their members.

The response given me is that if we ask for safe, legal pathways to citizenship they are choosing to interpret the meaning to be safe, legal pathways for "illegal immigrants to citizenship." 

I plan to review the language with Dale Fellows to determine if we need to work to amend.

Again I am for legal immigration through safe pathways.  Not pathways for illegal immigrants to gain citizenship.
I so appreciate your checking in with me again. 

Lori DiNallo
Councilwoman At Large
Painesville City

No comments: