Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Mike Huckabee the future of the Republican Party
I am still clearing out articles in my draft folder I started and deleting links in my favorites from what I saved during the primaries.
I thoroughly researched everything I could on all the candidates. This link concerns Mike Huckabee. During one of his TV ads he mentioned that he was voted one of the five best governors in 2005 according to Time magazine. I found that commercial on line, played it and paused it at the right spot so I could copy the date and research the article. Here it is: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1129543,00.html

Read it for yourself but two things strike me in this article that I wanted to bring to your attention.
The first one is:

If Huckabee does run, he would have to find a way--as Governor Bill Clinton did in 1992--to divert attention from some of the state's dreary realities, like a high poverty rate,

Yes but you have to remember this is Arkansas not Ohio, Michigan or some of the other states that were known for their economies.
The other is:

Since he became Governor in July 1996, welfare rolls have declined by nearly half, and last year the state's economy grew 4.4%, beating the national average of 4.2%.

That to me is a great accomplishment. Welfare roles declined by nearly half in Arkansas. Unfortunately Mitt Romney and all his money made it seem he was the guy to turn this country's economy around.

I am posting this because I don't think we have heard the last of Mike Huckabee, he could very well be the future of the Republican party.

CKM

No comments: