Saturday, August 04, 2012

Recent News & Sports, Dimora - olympics and more

Recent News
Over 6 billion, yes 6 billion dollars will be spent on political ads this year. And yet it still won't be enough to convince voters Obama is an American and Mitt Romney is a Republican.

The same scenario keeps playing out. Oil prices go up, stocks come tumbling down. Oil prices fall, stocks shoot up. Its kind of like with Obama. Obama plays golf, the economy improves. Obama goes back to work, the economy slows down.

Wow was I saddened by the Cuyahoga County appraisal of my house in Euclid. It plummeted from last year losing half its value. Property taxes though are expected to go up again. If this keep up my taxes will be more than what my house is worth.
Cuyahoga County commissioner Jimmy Dimora is asking friends to donate to a defense fund so that he can appeal the charges. I bet you Dimora wished he would have saved some of that kickback money he spent on prostitutes.

Cuyahoga County commissioner Jimmy Dimora is asking friends to donate to his defense fund. No big news here, aren't all Domcratic fund raising events for some sort of criminal defense?

Charlie Brown and Linus thought they spotted the Great Pumpkin but it was only Dimora in his orange prison jumpsuit.

Cuyahoga County commissioner Jimmy Dimora's guilty conscience is finally starting to get to him. Dimora started yelling in court I HAD NOTHING TO WITH THE OLYMPIC BADMITON PLAYERS THROWING GAMES – I'M INNOCENT, HEAR ME INNOCENT!

Sports talk
I have been watching the Olympics this year more so than in the past. I got interested in women's volley ball. They were giving the statistics for kills and digs. OK I know what a kill is but what is a dig? Is that how many times they have to dig their skimpy bottoms out?

Immediately after the closing ceremony the Chinese players will take express jets back to China. Walmart needs them back at the sweat shops making goods for their store.

Even though times are bad in America it feels so good to see the US athlete compete in the Olympics and just about lead in the record count against China with a population three or 4 times that of the US. Yes it made me feel proud to see the American athlete in all their glory receiving medal after medal in their Chinese made jerseys, sporting made in Japan sunglasses, using equipment made in Mexico. Yes I am proud to be an American.

I was excited to hear the Cleveland Browns were sold. I was depressed when I heard they won't be leaving Cleveland.

The Cleveland Indians were so ecstatic that they celebrated beating the Detroit Tigers and winning the Justin Verlander World Series in July and forgot the season still has over 2 months to go. The Cleveland manager said Hey we beat Verlander, what more do you want, more wins?

                       If my humor is too dry for you, just blame it on the drought.
                                                Carey Masci

No comments: