Tuesday, October 16, 2012

On the eve of the third debate of 2012 here is my review of the first two

Presidential Debate: I am one of the few who thought Obama won. He seemed a little annoyed like why am I here debating this guy? If you would say he lost I feel its because Obama took it to lightly. Mitt’s mannerisms were a little to hyped, to rehearsed, not natural compared to Obama who kept his cool and looked forceful and presidential.

  If I wasn’t informed and basing it strictly on a visual performance I say Obama won. BUT since I am quite knowledgeable I just don’t trust either one so no matter what they say I can’t believe it. I wouldn't want either one of them behind me during a bar room fight, neither one would have my back and would probably say anything to save themselves. The only reason I watched this debate was because a friend insisted we watch it to see how many times Mitt said something stupid.  

The VP Debate I like Paul Ryan that’s why I watched this debate and have more of a review. In fact someone asked what my thoughts were of Mitt choosing him. I said I like Paul Ryan so much so that if you could guarantee that Mitt would die in office I would vote for him just so Ryan could take over. Unfortunately Ryan got thumped by Biden in the debate.  

Here are the things that stood out to me, in no particular order here they are:

 The car accident story. What was Ryan thinking about when he brought up the story of a car accident? They have so much prep and rehearsal before a debate that this was just pure boneheadedness. It was supposed to be a warm and fuzzy feel good story of Mitt helping a car accident victim instead it made me feel so sorry for Biden who lost his wife and daughter in a car wreck. The heartlessness of this made my distaste of Romney grow even more.

 47% of people on public dole. That does sound horrible doesn’t it? But Biden explained it quite well and forcefully that not all of the 47% are people who are on government help are leaches.

 Syria. I was always one to support the military and in favor of going after rogue countries that disrupt peace BUT lately because of many reasons I have been rethinking my old thinking. The way Biden spoke about Syria made me ask these questions: How many more countries can we get involved in? Do we start another war? Where will the money and manpower to fight this new front come from? We can’t let these nations continue to hold the world’s peace hostage but do we really want to start another war?

  Embassy attacks and the death of Americans. I am sickened when I think of the inaction of this president. Ryan drove home the point.  

Abortion Ahhh We slide to the left. Pro-life Ryan adopts children umm no I meant to write adopts Mitt’s policy of abortion only in cases of rape, incest and the health and life of the mother. It uncovered Mitt once and for all he is pro-choice. PERIOD!  

In closing. Biden showed up, Ryan was too nice, Biden debated. I like that. Biden debated and hard. He interrupted and he was vocal. These events are nothing more than staged Hollywood productions so it was about time someone tried to at least give a semblance of a real debate and this may be the closest we will ever witness.

Carey Masci

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I really think this website wants far more consideration. I'll probably be again to learn way more, thanks for that info.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for placing up this article. I'm unquestionably frustrated with struggling to research out pertinent and rational commentary on this matter. everyone now goes in the direction of the amazingly much extremes to possibly generate home their viewpoint that either: everyone else within earth is wrong, or two that everyone but them does not genuinely recognize the situation. pretty numerous many thanks for the concise, pertinent insight....