Monday, August 02, 2010

Carey's warning......

Hey Gang,


Last week I received an email that seemed legit. It came from my friend Tri in Indonesia. I opened it and my virus detector stopped a virus from taking hold. I found out she never sent it.



Today I received and email from Steve and something similar happened to him. Steve writes:



Carey...what is this. It asked for my cell phone number so I exited out.

----- Original Message -----

From: Carey

To: XXXXXXXX@yahoo.com

Sent: Sunday, August 01, 2010 7:51 AM

Subject: Carey Masci sent a tiny youtube video to you





Carey Masci wants you see this tiny youtube video.

(I deleted the link)~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Friends, I did not send this emal to Steve!!! It has to be a virus. I am not sure how these people are doing this or how we can stop it. Its scary that they are using addresses we know.



Does anyone have advice on how to be certain if an email is actually from a friend?

Carey

No comments: