Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What Joe Biden said and more from my archives

Lately I haven't been writing much because everything that is happening is almost old news. All I have to do is go to my archives and pull out articles I wrote. Take for instance the rebellion going on in Iran, the election fraud, the rioting, the youth demanding more rights. Then read what I wrote in 2006.

Tue, 8/15/06,

Bush was right or was he. I know a guy who is Iranian. I frequent his restaurant and been to his house. But since I didn't ask permission to use his real name I have changed it.
Sid and I never talked politics until I asked his opinion on President Bush and the Iraq war. Sid said flat out Bush was wrong but not for the reasons I thought he would say. His opinion is that President Bush didn't hit Iraq hard enough but he really should of went after Iran instead where all the insurgency and terrorism is coming from. Plus Iran is ripe for revolution, the people especially the youth are tired of not having enough and being under a dictator.
Sid rattled off facts and numerous things he has seen or his family has, some of his relatives are still over in Iran. I even spoke with his Mother who agreed with him. They moved to America in the 50's because his father who was in the military came here for training. At one time Iran had one of the best armies.
Things weren't perfect under the Shaw but it was much better than now, people made a living and had more freedom. Once Khomeini took over things got bad. Just to list a few examples that Sid told me was the Islamist extremist used teenagers as mine sweeps after the war with Iraq - the government passes out drugs to keep the youth doped up so they won't
revolt. Its bad over there.

Now read what Vice President Joe Biden said last year before the election.

"Mark my words," the Democratic vice presidential nominee warned at the second of his two Seattle fundraisers Sunday. "It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking.. We're about to elect a brilliant 47-year-old senator president of the United States of America. Remember I said it standing here if you don't remember anything else I said. Watch, we're gonna have an international crisis, a generated crisis, to test the mettle of this guy."

Well President Obama has his crisis, just like Joe Biden said, with Korea and also the unsettling in Iran. I know how President Bush responded in trying times and how he kept a lid on Korea and I am sure he would of recognized Mir Hussein Moussavi the opposition to President Ahmadinejad.. It will be interesting to see how President Obama responds. I just hope that we are as safe under his leadership as we were under the previous administration.

CKM

No comments: