Monday, June 08, 2009

Where is everyone?

Hey Gang,
Dawn puts into different words what I have been feeling also. I hear less and less from people and friends. More complaining enough of the politics. Hardly any repsonses from my last few prayer requests I sent out. Where is everyone? Or have I overstayed my welcome in your inbox??
Carey

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


A personal message from Dawn Slike


Dear Local Friends and Allies,

I first wish to remind you all how deeply I care for you and for your hearts and souls. You are in my prayers daily, and I know from your kind notes that you pray for me and my family as well.

Something is deeply troubling me and I wish to bring it to light.

I have noticed many of my friends have lost interest in discussing the many serious issues America faces these days.

Abortion is being abandoned by many, perceived as a lost cause.
Still not proven American citizen "President" Obama is not worth scrutinizing anymore.
America's financial ruin is imminent, yet few are talking about it.
Homosexually active people are creating new rights for themselves and demanding the voices of reason climb into the closets they themselves have exited, yet so many of my friends and allies are no longer talking about these serious problems.
Have we forgotten that God will not bless a nation which turns her back on Him and His laws?

I am noticing many people who were formerly passionate and involved in both prayer and culture-resistant activism are now retreating into daily game playing, meaningless survey participation and other completely engrossing yet distracting recreation.

Please do not misunderstand; I absolutely agree some recreation is good and in fact necessary in our lives. and I agree in the midst of deeply troubling times, we need a little humor and levity to keep our sanity and hopeful perspective. But what I believe I'm witnessing among many of my friends and allies is outright denial, a complete exit from healthy Christian activism and a plummet into fantasy world activities. Too many of my friends and acquaintances are quietly becoming incognito, or worse, conspicuously advertising their new addictions to silly activities on the Internet.

This worries me and I need to challenge it, right here and now.

If this is not you, then do not take offense.

But if it may be you, stop and consider.


Please get back to God. If you see yourself here in my concerns, please kneel right now and pray that God reveal His will for you. Don't wait another moment.

I will kneel for you, and for myself, as well, right now.

We must not give up on our wonderful country, or roll over submissively while our nation continues to decay and our children become the next generation of victims of its socially and morally plummeting culture.

"Father God, I ask you to reach into the hearts of every person receiving this petition from my heart. Lead all souls reading this message to a deep desire to serve you again in prayer, in charity, in constructive and in reconstructive action, to re-build Your Kingdom in our great land. Amen."


God bless you and God bless America.

- Dawn

No comments: