DAY 13 OF ZAMBOANGA STANDOFF
No one could ever imagine that the crisis in Zamboanga reaches its 13th day since it all started in September 9. It is well noted that the delay to end the war is because of a calibrated military operation as opposed to an all-out offensive to save the remaining hostages which are held as captives and used as shield by the MNLF.
Clearing operation has continued and gunfire still heard coming from Barangay Sta. Catalina where MNLF Com. Habier Malik and his companions with their hostages believed are hiding seeking refuge. There is no timetable to end the crisis in Zamboanga but residents are rest-assured that the government continues to "push forward" to "constrain" the movement of the Misuari-linked forces there.

Meanwhile, while there is an exchange of gunfire (machineguns and mortars) between military and MNLF that started about 6 AM, again another fire incident takes place at Barangay Sta Catalina. (AT PRESENT)

WORDS TO PONDER:
I believe that the most haunting question each of us would like to raise has something to do with the continuing standoff in Zamboanga City. Why God allow these things to happen?
War, so costly. War, so awful. The dying, the maiming. Those who aren’t scarred physically are likely to be scarred emotionally.
Just remember that we have a loving God. Scripture overflows with this essential truth:“He loves whatever is just and good, and his unfailing love fills the earth.” (Psalm 33:5)“The Lord has appeared of old to me, saying: ‘Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.’” (Jeremiah 31:3)
Why does God let war happen?
God has given us the freedom to choose whether we will do right or wrong. He has given everyone that freedom because we are not made robots. When people have freedom to choose, sometimes they make bad choices and that creates wars. The Bible tells us that wars and fighting happen because of the way people are inside. When people have greed and selfishness in their hearts, they start a fight in order to get what isn’t theirs. God doesn't like war, but he lets it happen because he has given us freedom to choose for ourselves – even if our choice is to go to war.
But, remember this catastrophes that we are suffering will never prosper.
Psalm 144:1-2
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, Who trains my hands for war, And my fingers for battle; My lovingkindness and my fortress, My stronghold and my deliverer; My shield and He in whom I take refuge; Who subdues my people under me.LET’S RAISE GOD’S BANNER OF SALVATION, OURS IS THE VICTORY