Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Obama Fervor

Friends,
I was driving through Euclid the other day and saw a poster of Obama in a store window. I am sure you have seen this popular poster. It is his profile colored in red, white and blue with the words hope under him. But suddenly it occurred to me that I have seen this poster before, way before Obama ran for president. Trying to jog my memory, I believe it was possibly of Stalin or of one of the communist leaders of the 60's. I decided to research this online and lo and behold I was not the only one with this thought. So instead of writing what someone else has already I ask you to please take a look at this article.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://rightisbest.blogspot.com/2008/10/i-said-in-post-last-week-that-i-felt.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is disturbing. President Obama was a senator for only a short duration with no accomplishments that I know of and has been a president for less than 2 weeks and people are carrying on like he is God. Posters, coins, tattoo's, it is bordering on idol worship. All presidents have had drawings and photos taken but they always represented America. For instance one of my favorites photos of President Reagan is of him wearing a cowboy hat and smiling. That photo signifies America's heritage. I could give a rundown of some of our other presidents and what visual comes to mind. And each visual signifies one of their traits which in turn represents America. With Teddy Roosevelt I think of hunting which in turn represents America's wilderness and strength, Lincoln you think of freedom, Carter - farming but none of them have been lifted up as high or as quickly as Obama.
If its his race than why aren't we thinking of that? We aren't, we
think of Obama. His looks, his speeches, people think of Obama as their savior. I respect President Reagan and think of a great leader, a leader that represented America well but I don't think of Reagan as my God and he served two full terms as president with many accomplishments and was a successful governor before hand. What has Obama done?
This Obama fervor is way more then a celebration of the first African American being elected. The worship people have bestowed upon Obama has been seen in other countries where rabble rousers incite the masses with class warfare and words of change. Is America to the point where we need a savior that promises to help in every area of our lives and grow the government to accomplish it or do we just need a leader with a vision to limit government and allow more self responsibility? The course America is on is very dangerous. We have handed the keys over to Obama without any track record and along with it our hopes for change. It is the change that I am fearful of. We don't need change. What we need is to reverse the course America is on and return it to where it once was, a God fearing nation. Thats where you put your hopes, not in Obama.

CKM


1. You shall have no other gods before me.

2. You shall not make for yourself any carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

No comments: